- Mutual funds are an investment vehicle that pools the deposits of many investors and invests them in stocks, treasury bills, bonds or other securities.
- You may buy or sell shares at any time since mutual funds buy back shares or issue new ones on request.
- Mutual funds do not guarantee the capital you invest.
- You have access to a wide variety of mutual funds ranging from income trusts to Canadian and foreign equity funds through our partner Desjardins Financial Security Investments Inc. You can choose from most of the mutual funds currently available.
- Mutual funds can be registered or non registered.
- Mutual funds are very flexible, since you can buy or sell units at any time at their market value, minus any applicable fees.
- This type of investment offers attractive long-term growth potential.
- Mutual funds are professionally managed, so you don’t have to be an expert to take advantage of this more complicated investment vehicle.
- Desjardins Financial Security Investments Inc. offers mutual funds for as little as $500.
Before investing, carefully read through a mutual funds’ prospectus for important information about mutual funds. Remember that commissions, trailing commissions, management fees and expenses may all be associated with mutual fund investments. Mutual funds are not guaranteed, and since their values change frequently, past performance may not be repeated. Investment returns and unit values will fluctuate. Mutual Funds are distributed through Desjardins Financial Security Investments Inc.
Attention: The above text is of a general nature and is for explanatory purposes only. The savings and investments products described above each have their own features. See your contract for complete terms and conditions as well as restrictions and exclusions to which they are subject. Contact your Financial Services Advisor for more details.